Award Winning Service
- ✓ 24-Hour Emergency Service
- ✓ Upfront Pricing = No Surprises
- ✓ Satisfaction Guaranteed
- ✓ Locally Owned & Operated
- ✓ Licensed, Bonded, & Insured
- ✓ Financing Available
Replacing Your Stop and Waste Valve
If you experience any of the following with your stop and waste valve (a.k.a. sprinkler shut off) it’s time to call in the expert plumbers at Black Diamond.
You may need a new stop and waste valve if:
- you receive an unusually high water bill.
- see water leaking from the access pipe of your stop and waste water valve.
- you find it difficult to turn the stop and waste valve.
- turning the valve doesn’t shut the water off.
- the stop and waste valve access pipe is full of water.
Stop and waste valves.
A typical stop and waste valve can be replaced in less than a day. A 4’x4’ hole will be dug to reveal the problematic stop and waste valve. This can be dug manually or with an excavating machine. We use commercial grade copper and brass fittings to ensure the highest quality and longevity. Once we have the new valve in place we refill the 4’x4’ hole. We also place a 2” riser access pipe over the stop and waste valve, ensuring easy access for when you need to turn off or on the water to your sprinkler system.
Watch this video to learn about all of the services Black Diamond Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Air offer.